Potato Wedges and Mini Sausages
A speedy and tasty mid-week meal
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 502
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 56g
Saturated Fat 18g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 26g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 500g potatoes cut into wedges
- 24 mini sausages - preferably organic
- 12 shallots peeled and blanched
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven 200 C/ Gas 6
- In a non-stick roasting tin, place the potato wedges and toss with 1tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and cook in the hot oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together in a small bowl the honey and the mustard.
- Place the sausages and blanched shallots in a baking dish and brush with the honey and mustard. Sprinkle over the thyme. Make sure they are well coated.
- Put the baking dish in the oven.
- After 15 minutes, tip the sausages and the shallots into the roasting pan with the potato wedges.
- Mix all together and sprinkle over the rest of the oil.
- Return the roasting tin to the oven for a further 5 minutes, until the sausages are cooked and sticky and the potatoes golden and crispy.
- Serve with a green salad and some crusty bread
Its gooey and utterly delicious