Rosemary, Garlic and Lavender Infused Lamb
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 3g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 leg of lamb, about 1.2 kg
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10 anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves stripped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 lavender sprigs
- Mixed fresh herbs to decorate
- Pre heat the oven 220°C/gas 7.
- In a blender, whizz the anchovies, peeled garlic, rosemary, mustard, olive oil, vinegar and black pepper, to make a rough paste.
- Place the Lamb in an ovenproof dish, and rub the paste all over.
- Cover with cling film and chill in refrigerator 2-3 hours.
- Take the lamb out of the fridge half an hour before cooking.
- Remove the cling film and put the unpeeled garlic around the meat.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, before reducing the temperature to 150°C/gas 2.
- Cook for a further 2 ½ hours, basting the meat every ½ hour.
- Take out of the oven, and place the lavender sprigs over the meat.
- Cover with tin foil and rest for 15 minutes. Scatter with fresh herbs before serving.