A Middle Eastern Salad
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 79g
Dietary Fiber 9g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 250g couscous
- half a cucumber
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 2 bunches of fresh parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 8 spins onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice and grated zest of 2 lemons
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500ml boiling vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Put the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the boiling stock. Cover with a plate and let it rest for 5 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed. Rough up the grains with a fork.
- Finely chop the cucumber, tomatoes, onions (including green parts) parsley and mint.
- Add to the couscous with the grated lemon zest.
- Whisk together the oil and lemon juice, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the couscous and toss together.
- Serve with grilled fish, meat or chicken.