Tomates Farcies - Stuffed tomatoes
When I was a child, on my birthday, I would ask my Mother to cook for me Tomates Farcies. It remains one of my favourite dishes.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 200g Beef leftover pieces
- 200g Pork leftover pieces
- 3 shallots finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small bunch of chopped parsley
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven 200C /Gas 6
- Cut off the head of each tomato and reserve each top. Scoop out the pulp and seeds and reserve.
- In a small pan, fry the shallots and garlic over a low heat for 5 minutes, till golden. Reserve.
- In a food processor, place the beef and pork pieces and chop coarsely. Add the egg, shallots, garlic, parsley, as well as the reserved tomato pulp. Blend thoroughly together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture and cover with the reserved tops.
- Place the tomatoes in a baking dish. Sprinkle a little oil on top of each tomato and cook for about 40 minutes.