Italian Chicken/Turkey Pesto Salad
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 41g
Dietary Fiber 11g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 300g leftover chicken or turkey cut into bite size pieces
- 120g rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- ½ cucumber deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 jar (200g) of sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 bunch of spring onions chopped
- 2 tbsp of pesto
- 200ml (7fl oz)of creme fraiche
- 60 ml (2 fl oz)of milk
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp of chopped chives (1 for garnish)
- 75g toasted pine kernels
- 1 cos lettuce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grill the bacon till crisp and roughly chop. Let it cool.
- In a large salad bowl, place the leaves. Top up with the chicken/turkey pieces, cucumber, onions, bacon, sun dried tomatoes, and 1/2 toasted pine kernels. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pesto, creme fraiche, milk, lime juice and ½ the chives, and pour over the chicken mixture.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge till ready to eat.
- Sprinkle over the rest of the chives and the pine kernels before serving.
A bottle of cold Soave will go down well with it!