Good enough for a posh dinner
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 20g
Saturated Fat 11g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 30g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 300g Leftover chicken cut into small pieces
- 6 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 4oz butter
- 3 ½ fl oz chicken stock
- 14 fl oz dry cider
- 1 tbsp flour
- 5oz creme fraiche
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven 200C/Gas6
- In a frying pan, heat up half the butter and cook the onion till translucent.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry for a couple of minutes before sprinkling over
- the flour. Stir well.
- Pour in the chicken stock and the cider and let it gently bubble for 5 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat up the rest of the butter and saute the apples till golden.
- Once the chicken sauce has thickened, add the creme fraiche and cook for another 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Butter a gratin dish and cover with half the apples, top with the chicken
- mixture, then the rest of the apples and the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve piping hot
- The perfect accompaniment would be a glass of dry cider, and maybe later a drop of Calvados (as I was born in Normandy I would say that!)