Moroccan Fish Skewers
- 8 wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 750 g Swordfish steaks
- 24 Bay leaves, soaked in cold water for 1 hour
- 2 Lemons cut into small chunks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Allspices
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice to serve
- Tomake the marinade, put the spices into a dry frying pan and toast for about 30 seconds.Leave to cool, before transferring to a grinder and crush into a coarse powder.Addthe remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the fish into small cubes, before putting into a shallow dish.Sprinkle over the marinade and the oliveoil, and toss the pieces until they areevenly coated. Leave to marinate in therefrigerator for about 1 hour .
- Preheat the barbecue . Thread the fish, lemonchunks and bay leaves onto woodenskewers and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning halfway through . Sprinkle with olive oil and lemon juice
- Serve with freshly cooked couscous.