Whole SALMON with herbs stuffing
- 2 kg Whole salmon, filleted
- 25 g Chopped mixed herbs, such as basil, mint, chives, parsley, tarragon, and the all important Herbes de Provence
- 1 Zest of a lemon
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 125 g Salted butter, softened
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Prepare the fish by removing the central bone. If your filleting skills are limited, ask your fishmonger to do it for you.
- Put the 2 salmon fillets onto a board, fleshside up. Carefully remove any remaining bones with tweezers.
- In a small bowl, beat together thesoftened butter, herbs, lemon zest, garlic,and plenty of pepper.
- Spread the mixture over one of the salmon fillet,and put the other one on top.
- Tie the fish together using kitchen string.Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on a hot barbecue for 10-15 minutes on eachside.
- Leave to rest for another 10 minutes, beforeremoving the sting.