Fresh Tuna and Tomato Tart
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 365
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 41g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 26g
Total Carbohydrates 36g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1kg fresh tuna steaks cut into fine slices
- 250g puff pastry
- 4 large white onions sliced
- 6 large tomatoes
- 10 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Small bunch of thyme
- Large bunch of basil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- In a saucepan, heat 3 tbsp of olive oil and cook the onions gently until transparent. Add the thyme, salt and pepper. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop the basil. Put it into another bowl and cover with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Let it marinate overnight.
- Slice the tomatoes fairly thickly, but not too thickly.
- Roll out the pastry on to a floured board and use it to line a 25cm tart tin. Prick the base with a fork and let it rest for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C [Gas mark 7] and cook the tart for 15 minutes. Let it cool.
- Next, make layers with the tomatoes slices, starting from the outside, and alternating with the onion slices and pieces of tuna until the tart is full. Pour most of the oil over the surface. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the tart in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Watch that the tuna does not overcook or it will dry out.
- Take out the tart and pour the remaining oil over the tart. Garnish with the basil leaves.
- Serve with green salad.