Italian Beef Stew
A heart warming dish for a cold evening
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 14g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 300g leftover beef cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped into small pieces
- 1 red pepper deseeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1 green pepper deseeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 packet (70g) pitted black olives
- 300ml beef stock
- 100ml red wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 small bunch parsley finely chopped
- Pre heat the oven 200C/ Gas 6
- In a pan , cook the onions, carrots, peppers for about 15 minutes, till softened.
- Add the beef and sun-dried tomato paste, and sprinkle with the flour. Toss it all together before adding the stock, the wine and the tin of tomatoes.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the olives and the chopped parsley.
- Serve in individual bowls with a piece of ciabatta bread on the side.
What could be nicer?!